Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy Halloween

About a month ago my mom commissioned me to paint her little china cupboard like a Mary Engelbreit book. Two seasons of smallville later this was the result.
























Today was cleaning/craft day/ decorating. Banner came down last night and made wreaths with me. they turned out really cute. This morning I decorated with our latest craftiness. Later in the afternoon Tenny and I tackled the scary basement room. I'm pretty sure we were harboring mice this last year. As we went through things we kept finding evidence of our little friends. It was confirmed however, when I found that the Indian corn that we set out for Halloween was nibbled on. Some of the ears were completely empty. While we were down there we also came across the Halloween costumes, and you Tenny, any Photo opportunity... well, lets just say that at one point she was going to be a pioneer cavewoman impersonating Elvis. While we spent a lovely few hours buried in camping gear and Christmas decorations my mom made four batches of rolls, two dozen cinnamon rolls, one dozen orange rolls and the rest just regular rolls. She got "Super Pumped" for baking after she watched the Lion House Bakery CD that came with her new cook book. She sent most of them over to the Sharp Family though. Good thing I think all I had to eat today was BREAD in some form. I feel like Paul in Trust in Thelma's way. This is what it must have felt like being baked into a loaf of bread.


RANDOM PICs
This is when Tenny And I were "cleaning" up the apples. More like we were  having a flinging competition to see who could fling them furthest into Richard's yard



And this is... Guess


5 comments:

The Mo You Know said...

I want rolls! Cinnamon and orange and regular are ALL my favorites!

Stacy said...

I am not a good person to guess at the last one. I wish it was the road to SLC and you were coming up. The cupboard is darling. I want one now. I wish I had just a fingernail of your talent.

Alan and Shelley said...

Your mom is a bread nut! I made 6 recipes of caramel corn so I have been having my own craziness today. The picture is of Bott Lane going up to Jenny's house. Flinging apples is fun. i used to throw them into the pig pens as far as I could. Its a good fall time activity - flinging apples.

sara said...

I want you to come and do some crafts with me. I need inspiration. I think that cupboard is about the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. I am glad to see you keeping busy. I had that same thing with the mice happen to me. I happen to know personally that they love Indian corn. It freaked me out. Talk to you soon.

Anne Adele said...

Like Shelley I say Bott Lane. I love the cupboard. You must have worked hard on it for quite a few hours. The rolls look great and I wish I had them with me right now. Did she actually make four batches or two double batches? Either way is amazing. I like all your decorating,but I really would have liked to see Tennyson in her get-up. I'm glad you were flinging apples. Were you going for loft or distance?