Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday


This Sunday was regional conference for my ward. so this morning i went to the conference center with my roommate Jewel. We left at 9:30 because we expected a little bit of a crowd (there are a lot of singles wards that are in our region). HOLY COW! so apparently it was the whole salt lake region and not just singles so i had to park at the gateway. there were masses of people it was like general conference. So we finally make our way through the extensive lines and sat down, in really good seats considering, just in time for the meeting to start. we were down in the front plaza in the middle so pretty close to the speakers. President Hinkley, (President Hinkley's son) got up and announced that President Monson would be presiding. Ok. no one in our ward told us anything about this meeting so I was a little stunned that not only were there tons of people at what I was thinking was going to be like a singles stake conference but the prophet was literally  a few hundred feet away from me. It was a really enjoyable meeting. The prophet was the last speaker and he kept cracking jokes. I didn't realize what a funny guy he was. 
Anyway, that was my exciting sunday. 
 

1 comment:

Anne Adele said...

How exciting to be surprised that way with your Sunday meeting. I'm glad that you got such good seats and that the Prophet told you funny stories. I'm sure there was more to his talk than that. Don't you remember any wise counsel or advice? So I see you finally got the phone of your dreams, by hook or by crook, hey. Also, what ever happened to the leaper/faller? His he going to be all right. Did he ever thank you for probably saving his life? C'mon you were a heroine.