Friday, October 3, 2008

BUSY






So My life has continued being hectic and seems to be getting even more so. This may make some of you think I'm not myself or even unwell but I have joined a punk rock piano band. Yes, unbelievable I know. I am the lead singer and I also do the piano, Jake plays the guitar and sings backup, and Mike is our drummer. We're actually pretty good. Now, contrary to the title of genre we don't play PUNK music we cover bands and write our own but we're more mellow. I don't know how to describe what we play. Kinda, Ben Folds ish. anyway, I've also started teaching piano lessons. I enjoy teaching my students seeing as they are not elementary students. They're a little older and actually care about what I teach them. Also, I've Joined a writing group called writer's collective. We meet every week and read and discuss the pieces that we've written. And, I've decided to become a substitute teacher for those days that I'm not working at the Apple store. 
It's official. I'm moving out sometime  in the next couple of weeks. I've found a roommate and we actually have an apartment upstairs from where I live now. Her name is Ashley and she is in my ward and she's really sweet.
This last week I went and visited Timpanogos Caves. It's so beautiful in the mountains this time of year. The weather was perfect and the hike was slightly strenuous but I didn't feel like I was going to die.  All of these pictures were taken from my phone. pretty cool.
Thank you Whit for the Birthday Letter. It made me cry of course. I miss you waay mucho. Did you get my letter that I sent you like a month ago? Also, When you get home I have someone I want you to meet. He works with me and he is a return missionary from Honduras...he's really nice.
I love you all And hope to see you soon. Love ya

4 comments:

Anne Adele said...

I had to read your blog a couple of times before I figured out that the last few sentences were directed solely to Whit. I thought you were trying to tell us that you had met someone special at work. Glad to hear about the move. I know it will be less of a hassle to live with girls who can clean up after themselves. So the most important question. Do you have time to sleep or eat? I sounds like you must have every moment scheduled with something important. I guess you truly are busy.

The Schauerhamers said...

Beautiful pictures! Who all went?
So as for the band thing, when can we come to hear you guys perform? :) I'm excited for your move. You will have to let us know when it happens so we can come see. What are you going to do with your bookshelf that is permanently hanging from your wall?

Banner Fauver said...

you should take a video of your band we would all like to see.

Whit said...

What mission did your friend serve in? I´m glad you liked you letter. I do believe that I got a letter from you the day after I wrote you. I love getting you mail. Enjoy your new roommates. Remember you have a sure roommate who basically techinally is your cousin, in 8 months.