Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mission






I am going on a mission! Yes, I have finally decided to pluck up the courage and go. I have spoken with my Bishop and have started my papers. I want to go as soon as possible. So that is all I really have to update. I'm sure that there will be more in the coming weeks. 

I am very fond of making lists so this week I was coming up with a list of my top five favorite things which ended up in sublists and so forth. Here are a few of my favorite things. 
It would be great if you all wanted to list you top five favorite's lists.

Top 5's


computer games
1. The curse of monkey island
2. Roller coaster tycoon
3. Doom
4. Wolfenstein
5. Kid's desk

Georgette Heyer books
1. Powder and Patch
2. Devil's cub
3. Arabella
4. Sylvester
5. Regency Buck



Things that make me happy
1. Lightning, rain/ Nature in general
2. Fireworks
3. Holidays/Vacations with the
 family
4. Warm day, cool pool and a good book
5.  Good conversations with people I love

Favorite Movie Quotes
1. "Pause, Reflect!"-Jane Eyre
2. "Fiddle dee dee", "Good-bye you great Leslie y
ou. I hope you win, I hope you win" - The Great Race
3. " And to all this she must yet add something more substantial, in the improvement of her mind by extensive reading" -Pride and Prejudice
4. "When they made George Kimball they 
thew away the book", "The kids'll love it, It's a real thrill." -Send me no flowers
5. "What's the matter with these scissors?!"-Hercules

Favorite family trips
1. Idaho trips- Thanksgiving, Beckler meadows, 
Morgan's wedding
2. Smoky van Coeur d'Alene/ Barf mobile
3. Shakespeare trips
4. Washington DC
5. Nauvoo sweat lodge








Places I want to go
1. Europe- ALL of it
2. Lake Como/ Bora bora
3. Egypt
4. Petra
5. Victoria waterfalls



There are many other fav five, But It is a long exhausting list. And all of these lists are really much longer, it's hard to limit to five. So let's here what your favorites are.



6 comments:

The Schauerhamers said...

I'm sooo excited for you! you will be a wonderful missionary. I can't wait to see where you end up going. no matter where it will be wonderful. I enjoyed your five faves. good stuff! love you!

sara said...

I will list some of my fav fives after I have time to think. I too am so excited for you. I have been thinking about you since we talked. It will be one of the best decisions you will ever make. See you on thurs for song practice.

Alan and Shelley said...

I'm very happy for you and I know that you'll be doing the best thing you can do at this time of your life. I'm really proud of you for making this decision all by yourself. What do your mom and dad think? You realize that if you get it going really fast you could go and be home by the time Zack ends his mission? Now we'll be all eager about all the steps and processes you have to go through before you go. I'm VERY VERY happy for you. See you soon.

Anne Adele said...

If you are thinking of going foreign you must get started on those shoyts right away. The hepA and C are long processes. You can get the last one in the MTC, but still they are a long wait to go through. Sorry for getting so practical when you have just shared the best news with us. I'm so happy for you. It is a wonderful choice and I really want this for you no matter where you end up going. Please keep us all abreast your prgress. What did your Bishop say?

Rebecca, John & Gabe said...

I think this is a wonderful decision! We are very excited for you. We'll be keeping watch for your updates. By the way, you are invited to Arden's Birthday party at Sara's on Saturday. We would love to see you.

liz and dennis said...

i'm completely sure that this is the right decision. i have been since before you told me that you for sure were going to go. i had been hung up about the scholarship, but the holy ghost told me in no uncertain terms that this was best for you and to support you unconditionally, which i do. it was a confirmation of this to me when you told dad and he had no problem with it either. i know the spirit spoke to both of us and helped us all get on the same page. we love you.