Sunday, May 20, 2012

Food and Frolicking

This week has been Amazing. I never want to leave London. On Wednesday we went to Harrods and had a glitter donut (real glitter), Marble Arch, Hyde Park, and Tate Britain art museum. On Thursday we went out to Kew gardens. Kew gardens is very large and boasts the largest seed collection in the world. It has many Victorian glass houses full of all sorts of cool plants. It also is the location of kew palace where they kept crazy king George. After I got back I went to the play Love, love, love. There were three actors that I recognized from movies I'd seen. Ben Miles from Forsyte Saga; Victoria Hamilton from Victoria and Albert, Mansfeild park, and Lark Rise to Candleford; and Claire Foy the girl who plays the new Little Dorrit. Friday we went to Oxford and had a tour of the castle and dungeons there. Saturday we went to Portobello road and I coveted all the amazing antiques, then I went to Kensington Palace, and ate fish and chips. Today I went to church then headed over to St. Paul's to listen to the Evensong and Sermon. St. Paul's is the second biggest cathedral in England. And the location has been a place of Christian worship since 604 AD. I had tea across the road and was able to sit in the window seat that faced the cathedral. It was beautiful. The choir sang beautifully it was half men and half little boys who sang the beautiful high notes which echoed throughout the cathedral long after they had stopped singing. So photos are harder to organize on an iPad so they are randomly placed. Also I've put a lot more pictures on Facebook because it is easier to post there for a lot of photos.

7 comments:

liz and dennis said...

i love all of your pictures, especially the ones with you in them. please post more. i will try to check on facebook too. love you. mom

The Schauerhamers said...

AMAZING! I love all of the pictures and wish I was there with you! I'm a bit jealous that you got to see those people in the play. You look like you fit right in. Hope you are making good friends and enjoying the delicious food! Not sure what some of it is but it looks beautiful! Come home with an accent... work on that alright! :)

Anne Adele said...

The pictures are fabulous. I don't know which ones I like more, the food, the greenery, or the buildings. Thank you so much.

Stacy said...

Again, just like everyone else. I love all of your photos! You look great and the food looks great! All those lovely places! We miss you!

sara said...

It is so easy to fall in love with that city. I was there just a year ago. I wish I was there this year too.

Alan and Shelley said...

England was so fun! You're making me want to go back soon.

Miranda Gutierrez said...

The food always looks so yummy in your pictures... Maybe you could bring back some fish and chips in you carry on....please :)