Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks


Last night I went to Sugarhouse Park for the city fireworks. Blocks before we arrived at our destination I knew that we were headed for the biggest crowd of people I have ever been in in my life. It was like I would imagine the end of the world to be like. hundreds of thousands of people gathering in one place trying to find loved ones and unable to get cell phone service because EVERYONE is trying to use their phone at the same time. Every inch of the parks was covered with swarms of people. Like piles of sugar ants that you see sometimes on the sidewalk.  It was a bit unnerving. We only ever found half of our group, and we had to be real friendly with our neighboring blankets but other than that I loved the Fireworks. They have always been somewhere in my top ten favorite things. How was the Family reunion? I wish I could have been there. Yesterday was the first time in my life that I have not been in CD for the fourth of July and I felt a little lost. I didn't know what to do with myself. I hope that everyone had a great Independence Day.

2 comments:

sara said...

We had a great time. We missed you as well. Glad you got to see some fireworks. I saw none. It was very 4th of Julyish without them. Oh well. It was great day anyway.

Rebecca, John & Gabe said...

We got home by that time, and I got to see the finale of those fireworks from the entrance of Albertson's. We also missed you in CD. It was great. I'll blog a few pictures soon.