Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Update!


Well I went to Castle Dale this weekend for Dentist and Doctor's appointments. In less than 2 days I have had 11 shots and had my blood drawn. The last time anyone ever poked me with a needle was when I was probably 10 and my mom decided that I needed the flu shot. contrary to what you may believe lizzy is ruthless when it comes to vaccinating someone. Ben had to hold me down. I remember this vividly mom! Anyway, this time I was brave and got a sucker for my good behavior. Why do doctors think that suckers and a cool band-aid are a panacea? The thing that freaked me out the most though was the typhus shot. Let me just tell you that I felt like James Bond when they had to inject a tracker into his arm. Very freaky to see something under your skin like that. 
I almost had a setback with the dentist. He doesn't want me to go unless ALL of my dental work is complete so let's just say that after some brief tears and some considerable thinking I will be going through a rash of dental appointments that will put me in the Guinness book of records. And by the end of it I will have twinkling teeth just like the Great Leslie.
The funniest things happen in Castle Dale. We were listening to a little Michael Jackson in the kitchen and my mom decided that she wanted to learn how to moonwalk. I tried to get this on video but all the cameras were dead. So just imagine lizzy thighs clenched for balance trying to moonwalk across the kitchen floor. Then she went to look up a moonwalk tutorial on youtube. About the 3rd time watching it she comes back into the kitchen where tenny is trying to moonwalk and says, " I didn't know that you had to move backwards! I thought that you moonwalked forward" 

By the way if any of you want a discount at Apple you need to let me know because I will only be there for the next week and a half.

1 comment:

The Schauerhamers said...

Hooray! Only a week and a half???? I bet that's a good feeling! I'm so happy that things are going well for you and the progression of mission papers and what not. I bet that threw you for a loop about the dental thing but you WILL have Great LEslie teeth. I'm so excited to see you! Love you and good luck on the rest of the mission prep!